JPSM Short Course 2017-18 Schedule
Register before September 30, 2017 for discounted rates on all courses.
Two-day courses: $650-$850 (Reg. $700-$900), One-day courses: $475-$575 (Reg. $500-600).
The Joint Program in Survey Methodology offers a variety of short courses. Be sure to bookmark this new website address. JPSM offers Fellowships to qualified registrants from groups traditionally under-represented in the field. Special rates for federal employees and full-time students are listed below.
Fees Fees and awards are not transferrable due to nonattendance. The course fees are as follows:
- $500 for Federal Employees and full-time university students
- $600 for other participants
- $700 for Federal Employees and full-time university students
- $900 for other participants
Early Payment Discount Registrants will receive a fee discount if payment is made by September 30, 2017 for any course listed on the 2017-2018 schedule. The early payment discounted fees are as follows:
- $475 for Federal Employees and full-time university students
- $575 for other participants
- $650 for Federal Employees and full-time university students
- $850 for other participants
Registration and Payment
Online registration is required. The registration deadline is 5 business days prior to the class start date. Confirmation of acceptance will be sent after the registration form and payment have been processed. Payment by credit card is required. Payment is due at the time of registration. Payments are course and date specific. Please note – if payment is not received at the time of registration, the registrant’s form will be deleted. Registrants are responsible for keeping track of their registrations and course dates. Contact JPSM if you have any questions concerning the status of the registration.
Fellowship applicants should submit:
- The online registration form must be completed to reserve a seat in the course and choosing Fellowship Applicant.
- A 500-word essay describing their reasons for wanting to attend this short course and how their participation will enhance their chosen career path. The essay should indicate the applicant’s background (i.e. African-American, Latino, Hispanic American, or Native American Indian) and why financial support is needed.
- A letter of recommendation written by a person knowledgeable about the applicant’s aptitude and interest in survey methodology. The online registration form, essay, and letter of recommendation are due 30 days before the start-date of the reserved short course seat. JPSM will evaluate the applications and inform the successful applicants no later than 10 business days prior to the requested course start-date. The fellowship covers the registration fee, materials to be distributed during the course and the JPSM group continental breakfasts, lunches and breaks. The essay and letter of recommendation may be faxed to 301.314.7912 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
CANCELLATION Please notify JPSM as soon as possible if you need to cancel your registration. Fees and awards are not transferrable due to nonattendance. Cancellation requests should be done online. You will be fully reimbursed if you cancel prior to 5 business days before the start of class. Cancellation on or less than 5 business days before the class start date is subject to the full fee amount.
BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS CONFERENCE AND TRAINING CENTER
The Janet Norwood Conference and Training Center (JNCTC)
Visitor Entrance: Postal Square, Building, 1st Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20212-0001Classroom: Conference Rooms 1-2-3, Conference Center: 202.691.6630
The course will be held at Bureau of Labor Statistics Conference and Training Center in Washington DC. Attendees are required to enter through the visitor entrance on First Street NE (between Massachusetts Avenue and G Street, NE) across from Union Station. Do not use the main entrance on 2 Massachusetts Avenue. Please note that food is not allowed in the classroom. Only drinks with caps or lids are allowed into the classroom.
ID REQUIREMENT AND SCREENING All visitors must present a valid photo ID at the visitor’s entrance and pick up a visitor’s badge. Visitors and packages will be processed through the x-ray and metal detector screening equipment. Equipment brought into BLS requires property passes. Equipment passes can be picked up from the receptionist. Please arrive 10 minutes early to allow enough time to go through security. Attendees must also check-in with JPSM onsite assistant each day of the course.
WIRELESS ACCESS Contact your LAN department in advance to see if the URL can be added as an authorized site. The center has open unsecured public Wi-Fi access. Some browsers, such as Chrome, are not compatible. The conference rooms are equipped with repeaters which ensures the wireless signal is transmitted throughout the conference center. Users must accept pop-ups to accept the terms of the Wi-Fi and to enter the log-in credentials. If your computer is government issued or company issued the user may not be able to modify the security settings which allows access to the CTC_Guest network.
OVERNIGHT ROOMS Individuals are responsible for making their own overnight room reservations and for payment.
- Best Parking
- MARC Train
- Washington DC Parking
- Spot Hero
- Union Station Information
- VRE Train
- WMATA Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- WMATA Union Station